Projet : Aménagement du zoo de Cebu, Philippines
Client : Zoo de Cebu
Missions : en cours de développement
Architecte : LBA – Bertrand Robuchon Laurent Becker
Date : 2016
Programme: accès, restaurant, boutique, 1800 m2, parking, 1500 m2 passerelle 140 m
This studies proposes an alternative project for the ticketing and main building areas of the Cebu safari.
We have studied several solutions in order to find ways to:
– find the best implantation on topography and minimize the construction costs
– provide a better integration in the site and the landscape
– provide the best experience of the stunning landscape of the mountains and the valley for the users
The new project assumes the same functions (rooms, connections etc.), the sames functionnal areas as the original project, but in an optimized spatial configuration.
The new project allows:
– a special attention to the landscape: it works with the topography and the curves of the landscape to find a natural insertion
– a building whose scale is adapted for the people and the site: it is not an huge infrastructure but a special building, dedicated to the site
– An adaptative use by a linear organisation of functions. The building is fragmented in many sequences and parts of building: it allows a number of configurations (usages)
– minimize construction costs: with its scale, and its relation with the topography, the building does not need complicated construction methods, does not need special foundations, or complicated concrete work.
– Maximize zoo and landscape experience: the main principle of the project is to enhance the access for the users to the view on the montains and the valley. The project is a set of spaces that offer different points of view on the site for EVERY users.
Follow the topography
To find the good scale and the right implantation regarding the objectives of the global zoo project. The building is a part of the zoo, and integrates itself in the topography and the skyline made by the hills.
To limit the constructions costs by providing a building that is easy to build, because it inserts itself in the topography lines.
The building is respectful for the site. It find its place in the profil of the hill and propose adapted proportions, from below (in the valley), and form the arrival (view from ticket office or from footbridge arrival)
Towards the landscape
To maximize the views potential from the building towards the landscape. The building develops itself in its length and becomes a continuous balcony (balcon filant) that allows at each position to enjoy a landscape experience
The zoo is coming inside the building
With its open relation to the exterior environnement, the zoo experience is continuing in the building, whathever the weather conditions are.
– by an overall visual connection with the beautiful landscape of the valley and the surrounding mountains by staying in the three pavillions
– by sharing the plantations that comes inside the building, in the two patios
The interior design of the building provides a confortable place when you can enjoy the landscape.
The alternance of transparencies and the variation of spaces, gives the impression to be outside, but in a cove
Continuity in discontinuity: the pavillions and the common roof
The building is conceived for its orientation and the views.
The building is constitued by three pavillions linked by two transition space, the patios.
A continuous common ground is common to the pavillions and pass by the patios.
It provides different atmospheres and view situations over the surroundings :
The shop building is oriented directly towards the ticket building, in the other side of the valley.
The restaurant faces the mountain and the valley and provides a wide exposition to the landscape
The bar is oriented towards the center of the valley. It is a jetty on the landscape.
This organisation allows the building to keep an HUMAN SCALE.
The project propose ONE building but made of different units, which are connected with a common floor, and covered with a continuous roof with glass on the patios.